Re: Todays MG heat

To: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Subject: Re: Todays MG heat
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 19:47:10 -0600
Could it be that the radiator is partially frozen. Being cold, maybe
your drive isn't long enough to really open the thermostat.

When you slow down, less air flow means more heat, and the temp
gauge goes up.

Then a frozen part breaks free, and cold goes into the engine, closing
the thermostat. And the cycle continues until the radiator is fully
thawed.

It's a theory.

Paul.

Paul Root