[MGS] More weekend progress / pictures

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [MGS] More weekend progress / pictures
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Jun 2007 15:11:06 -0700 (PDT)
Hello again Friends,
   I made a little more progress this weekend.  The
car show yesterday ate a lot of my garage time but it
was for a good cause and I hadn't driven the Ferrari
in too long.  It was really nice to get it out on the
road again.  Now, I just have to get the A/C repaired.
 The South Texas sun is brutal in a coupe' designed to
slip through the air, not capture it for the benefit
of the driver.
   I finally got a chance to put a coat of vinyl
finish on the dash.  It looks pretty nice now so I
decided to trial-fit it to the car.  In picture
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0605.JPG you can see the
dash put back into place.  Its just setting there, not
secured in any way.  The dash top is of course, all
trashed but the CoverLay will handle that.
   I also set the console in place to evaluate the fit
and finish.  It will not go all the way back under the
dash, as originally designed because of the length of
the radio/CD player.  My quest in this part of the
test was to just see how closely it would fit.
   I have routed most of the dash wiring into place
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0606.JPG .  I have
replaced some wires and installed new connectors.
Everything seems to be long enough to reach the
currently-being-rebuilt gauges.  You can see in
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0607.JPG that the console
seems to fit adequately back for an attractive
appearance.
   The top of the old dash
http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0608.JPG is chewed up
terribly.  When I got the car it had a strip of fitted
carpet in place hiding all of this devistation.
Still, the CoverLay is adequate magic to hide the
problem.  Here is a picture with the CoverLay
trial-fitted http://www.aubard.us/MGB/HPIM0609.JPG .
You can see that the CoverLay's factory finish isn't
quite the same as the vinyl paint finish.  I'll just
respray the CoverLay once its cement has cured in
place.
   Why all this?  I just wanted to get a little visual
satisfaction to spur me on to the next phase; proper
reassembly.

Best regards,

Rick
'70 MGB - coming back