[Mgs] Fun on the road

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets
Subject: [Mgs] Fun on the road
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2007 22:25:08 -0500
I need to pass on a funny thing that happened today.

I was out running errands in my 67 Austin A60 pickup which happens to be RHD.
I took my youngest Golden Retriever with me who happens to sit upright in the
seat facing forward looking out the windshield just like a human would do.

We pulled up to a stop light in the right hand lane and I noticed a car pull
up beside us in the left lane.  She gave us a cursory glance and then looked
away.  Almost immediately, she snapped her head back as she must have realized
that it appeared as though this dog was driving the truck.  I bobbed my head
forward and put both hands on top of the steering wheel and started laughing
at the look of terror on her face as she must have thought she was sharing the
road with a dog driver.  She started laughing, too, as she realized what the
deal was.

It reminded me of last year when Peter C. and I were coming back from the
Grattan, MI race where we were supporting Ron Soave.  Almost the same thing
happened when a couple of girls pulled up on our left and told PPP that they
liked his truck.  When Peter leaned back and motioned to me on the right side
and told them it wasn't his truck and he wasn't driving, they just gasped.
Evidently, they had never seen anybody drive on the wrong side... or was it
the right side?

LAD