Re: [Mgs] Solstice,

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Solstice,
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:00:31 EDT
In a message dated 12/06/2007 5:40:58 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rolindsay@yahoo.com writes:

Exactly.  And if either those vehicles was a rag top,
it would  be called properly, a Drop Head Coupe'.  My
'63 E-type was called a  OTS for Open Two Seater - and
it was a drop head  coupe'.

rick

--- "Lambdin, Mike" <mlambdin@towson.edu>  wrote:

> >The term 'coupe' include true 2 seaters as well  as
> 2+2's
>
> >Bill
>
> Right you are,  Bill. For example: my '59 MGA and '52
> Jaguar XK120, both 2
>  seater fixed head coupes.

Actually (to be pedantic) there was never a drop-head coupe MGA as that
entails roll-up windows. The only convertible MGA was a roadster, not a DHC.

The Jag XK 120 came both ways as I recall - OTS and DHC, the latter with
more elaborate lined soft top.

Bill