[Mgs] brake line fitting

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] brake line fitting
From: Mike Duvall <duvallcom@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:21:01 -0500
Can anyone tell me what the thread is on MGA brake lines?  I lost the
sensor at the 4 way connector near the engine. I got the sensor at a
local NAPA but while getting it loose it I damaged the line that goes
to the rear of the car.   I took the fitting over to the local brake
store and he sold me a line for $10.  It is standard fitting he
pulled from a small selection in front of the counter.  He took the
fitting and  the line and checked them against a fitting and said
they fit ok.  He was concerned I didn't strip out my 4 way.

I'm concerned it was a close fit but not the exact thread.   I don't
want to screw up my threads either....any advice is appreciated.

Please respond to me directly as I get the digest not individual
emails.  thanks

Mike