[Mgs] June Sprints

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] June Sprints
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 09:00:04 -0500
We had a good day at the June Sprints yesterday. Sunny and warm (80s
F). My
brothers car ran pretty well, but he thought it might be a bit down
on power. yy

He decided we should switch out the left front brakes before the
race, and did
that in the morning. A few other things, and we had most of the
afternoon off.

Went by and saw BS Levy, and got a couple of his books autographed.

Time came to go to the grid, he was third in class.  Driving too the
staging
area, something wasn't right. the wheel was hung up. Fortunately, we
had a little
time. Unfortunately for someone in the previous race, they wrecked,
causing the
delay. We run back to the padock, and pull the wheel. Sure enough,
we'd installed
the pads wrong, got that fixed up and back to the grid, we weren't
even the laskt
ones there. None of us can figure out why we didn't think to test it
before hand,
we had lots of time.

The race was quite good. He was turning consistent 2:52s on the 4
mile track. On the
second lap, he goes by the start finish side by side with the 1st in
class driver. 2nd place
was still up there. The next lap he had a few second lead. Around lap
10, he passed the
other car.

In the end he won, came in after the cool down lap, and he tells me
1st, 3rd, and
5th weren't working. He takes his victory lap, and we have a great
time in the
victory circle!

The two cars ahead of him had troubles, and he recognized that. But
he has had more
than his share of troubles on the track so he earned it!

LBC content. The Brit's Pits (historic area of where British cars
parked) only had a nice
Jenson Healey. Down by turn one were 2 really nice Bs. A 67-68 BRG
and a 71 Blaze Orange (whatever
that color is). There was also a nice BGT out in the lot, that
appeared to be a V8 conversion.  A few spitfires,
one TR3, and one TR6 are about all I saw of road cars.

Some year, I'll drive my B down. But it doesn't hold 4. :-)

Paul Root
ptrmgb@gmail.com
77 MGB
99 OBS