Re: [Mgs] banjo bolt torque?

To: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] banjo bolt torque?
From: Marc <smarc@smarc.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2007 15:21:42 -0400
   I had scoured the internet, ultimately finding some information from a
   motorcycle  site.  The info I culled from there indicated that 15 - 18
   foot lbs was the proper figure.
   Then  I  got  a  reply  off  list that indicated I was close. The info
   provided  was:  AP  Lockheed  specs:  3/8"  banjo bolt  and 7/16" hose
   fittings, 170 in lbs. 3/8" hose fittings, 120 in lbs.
   Converting  that  to  foot  lbs  gives  14.2  foot lbs and 10 foot lbs
   respectively.  I would think that with a 3/8" socket, you could easily
   over  tighten  this!  Since  I'm  not  a  mechanic,  I'd rather have a
   concrete  spec  to  go by other then "feel" since I've only done brake
   hoses two other times...
Marc