Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 13

To: mgs@autox.team.net, duvallcom@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Mgs Digest, Vol 3, Issue 13
From: Wilkmanracing@aol.com
Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 19:15:06 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/07 11:01:25 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
mgs-request@autox.team.net writes:

What Max  says here is true.    I suggest if your A is overheating you
refer to the wealth of information at Barney Gaylords  site:

http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/cooling/cool_1.htm

Personally,   first check your actually temperature with a
thermometer.  You  can easily open your radiator since it is not a
sealed system.   (use a rag, it is still hot!) Most gauges are
incorrect.  I run  a blanking plate with themostat, (essential for hot
weather, harder  to warm up in cold) and I supplement cooling with an
electric fan (I  still have my fan blades. there is nothing wrong with
using  both).   In really hot weather the electric works well.

I  also have my original radiator which has never been soldered shut
by  a radiator shop.

Mike

Good suggestions; thanks Mike.

I'm curious about the banking plate with thermostat.  Can you  tell me more
about that?  I thought you either ran a blanking plate OR  a thermostat, not
both.  How do you combine the two, and how does this keep  things cooler?

Bill Wilkman