Re: [Mgs] Acceleration problem

To: WSpohn4@aol.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Acceleration problem
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 08:07:10 -0500
WSpohn4@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 09/08/2007 8:57:34 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
> pleask@shaw.ca writes:
>
> The  problem is when accelerating it goes fine until ONE SPECIFIC SPOT where
> it  flattens out. Speed is maintained but no more acceleration, you can  hear
> and feel it wanting more of something, like a high speed miss. There  is a
> "Sweet spot" on the throttle where it will or will not do this,  very
> definitive.
>

> ____________________________________
>

> Annoying problems indeed. Some causes - worn cam lobes, damper oil wrong
> weight or too little (piston flutter), fuel pump runs out of steam - try a
> higher capacity pump at least temporarily to eliminate starvation as a
>possibility.

Pull the fuel line and let the fuel pump pump. If it does 1 imperial
pint (20oz) in 1 minute. It's not
the pump.

> Try #5 or #6 needles in it if you have a chance.  MB was not, AFAIK, a
> standard needle on the MGB and that could be a problem. Easy to check out
>anyway.
Needles are the first thing that I thought of.  You might check out
<http://www.winsu.co.uk> for
needle usage. Or <http://www.joecurtoinc.com>

Second would be the points bouncing.

Is the little ground wire from the points plate to the dizzy body in
good shape?