Re: [Mgs] ads on the list

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] ads on the list
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@mgaguru.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 15:42:48 -0500
At 01:18 PM 8/15/2007 -0700, DON SCOTT wrote:
>Are there any rules about using the list for advertising?  Or is
>this an ok use for the list? ....

I'm on it.  I have already received three ad messages from this
source.  Apparently the mgs list is somehow being spammed by
info@worldclassiccars.net.  This is not supposed to be possible
without the source being subscribed to the list.

I have contacted them and have received a prompt reply.  First reply
says my personal address is not on their maiiling list, but in fact
the messages were addressed to mgs@autox.team.net.  I have told them
this is a mailing list where commercial ads are forbidden, and please
remove this address from their mailing list.  If their cooperation is
as good as their first response we may have relief soon.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
http://MGAguru.com