Re: [Mgs] Advice wanted on MGB Brake Master Cylinder

To: "The Roxter" <rocknatural@gmail.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Advice wanted on MGB Brake Master Cylinder
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 09:57:18 +0100
Lyndsay Porter in 'Guide to Purchase and DIY Restoration of the MGB',
republished as 'The MGB Restoration Manual', has a description and photos of
how to rebuild this.  It includes the instruction to use an ice-pick and
hammer to smash the white washer into many pieces.  It includes exploded and
part cut-away diagrams of the MC with the differential switch.  My 1975
Leyland Workshop Manual (and possibly also Bentley which is a copy) only has
a cutaway of the one without the differential switch.  My 1989 Haynes has
both of these.  Any one of these is essential, and there is an argument for
having all three.  If you don't have any I strongly advise you get them.  Do
it now.  If you use a copy of the information for this thinking you will get
the manuals afterwards, you won't, and you will be stuck again for the next
job.

PaulH.