Re: [Mgs] strange tranny behaviour

To: "Oliver" <sumton@sbcglobal.net>, "MGs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] strange tranny behaviour
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 09:35:34 +0100
Where did you top it up to?  If the correct mark on the dipstick, and you
then found a lot on the garage floor, then it has all leaked out again.
Ordinarily this shouldn't make any difference to the drive in any gear (over
the short term, in the longer term you will get excessive wear) unless you
also use overdrive in 2nd gear.  This uses hydraulic pressure to keep the OD
engaged and so with low oil level and hard cornering it could be slipping.
This shouldn't happen with OD disengaged as the pressure then comes from the
return springs.

Apart from the others posters suggestion of lifting a wheel, the only other
thing I can think off is the clutch slipping, but why that should happen on
a corner I can't at the moment think.

PaulH.