Re: [Mgs] 20W50 oil

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 20W50 oil
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 3 Sep 2007 09:18:34 +0100
Castrol GTX 20W/50 hasn't been available in the UK for dozens of years.  It
became 15W/50 which was an improvement and fine by me.  However a few years
ago it changed to 15W/40 which is like water by comparison and had an impact
on the hot idle oil pressure of the V8 which I didn't like.  Whilst Castrol
Classic is available in XL 20W/50 (it even comes in the original metal can
and in gallons) it's pretty expensive.  The other sources of 20W/50 tend to
be 'no name' brands or aviation grade!

PaulH.