Re: [Mgs] door ajar switch

To: "Rick Lindsay" <rolindsay@yahoo.com>, "MGS" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] door ajar switch
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2007 16:58:45 +0100
The grounding type is used for the courtesy lights, the isolated type for
the 'key in' warning buzzer.  You wouldn't be able to use the 'other' type
without other wiring changes at least.  The correct type weren't available
when I needed a pair some years ago, and the available alternative has a
slightly larger diameter boss behind the mounting plate so the hole in the
A-post needs filing out a little.  Other than that the alternatives were
slightly more robust as the actual contact surfaces were shrouded a bit and
not fully exposed as on the original type.  Moss are showing the grounded
type as 131-611.

PaulH.