Re: [Mgs] 78 B fires right up and dies

To: "Blair J. Weiss" <blair@ifd.mv.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] 78 B fires right up and dies
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 13:52:09 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Blair J. Weiss" <blair@ifd.mv.com>
To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Sent: Sunday, September 30, 2007 1:41 PM
Subject: [Mgs] 78 B fires right up and dies

List,
I am having another (probably simple) problem...

Turn the key, the motor fires right up. Return the key from start to
regular, engine dies. If I hold the key in the start position, the motor
will run (and so does the starter motor)... trust me I know the difference
between really running and just kinda running along with the starter
engaged...

I don't have a schematic handy and I don't have a second person to turn the
key while I check voltages... Are there two different contacts on the
starter switch, one on the regular on position and another on the start
position... could I just have dirty contacts or does this seem like
something else?

Blair
78 B
53 TD

Did you remember to genuflect in the direction of GB wherein the MG Gods
lie?

Sorry.  Had a few drinks while (whilst?) watching the Packer game.

Larry Daniels

79 MGB LE
60 Bugeye
67 Austin A60 Pickup (Ute)

"You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it
doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it
shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape."