Re: [Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB O/D Driveshafts
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 08:54:50 +0100
A bit more information came my way the other day.  A friend was at my house
(prior to a walking weekend in Snowdonia, MG content - we went in the V8)
who happened to be an apprentice at Hardy Spicer many years ago.  He spotted
the drawings on my desk and said he used to draw them up.  Then when he
looked closer he said he didn't do those as they were wrong - the FFC
dimension (Flange to Flange Closed) is measured between the machined faces
of the flanges that the bolts go through i.e. round the outer edge, and not
the fractionally longer dimension that you'd get measuring between the
raised portion in the centre of the flanges which is what these drawings
indicate.

PaulH.