[Mgs] Alternator

To: MG Digest <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Alternator
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 17:31:20 -0500
So the alternator from the local supply store came in finally. It
wasn't the cheaper of the
two choices. That was unavailable. But this was only $90.

Anyway, I've got two problems.

1. I don't have the little key for locking the chuck to the pulley. I
don't remember taking one out, of
either alternator. And I can't find them.

2. It won't go on.  The back mount point has a stand off, like the
original. Except the original is
on the inside of the bracket. This one is on the backside of the
bracket so it doesn't allow the alternator
back far enough for the front bracket to meet up with the mount
point, and the pivot arm doesn't meet
up either.

I've already called Quality Coaches,  Mark has one. I was going to
get as a spare. I can get some keys
for the chuck while I'm at it. I was going to get the second one from
him anyway, to have a spare. But
I thought this would be quicker, since getting to South MPLS is a bit
of a pain with the 35W bridge out.

Can I hack saw the stand-off off? Or is that structural in some way.

Paul Root
ptrmgb@gmail.com
77 MGB
99 OBS