[Mgs] Mgs [Vibration]

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] Mgs [Vibration]
From: Weberstevej@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 17:07:21 EDT
> I am getting a vibration........

Richard,

If you're getting vibrations while at a standing stop, with the  clutch depr
essed, that should eliminate any drive train issues. (i.e. wheel  bearings,
u-joints, rear end, etc.)

I assume then that the frequency of vibration increases and decreases with
engine speed, again at a standing stop.

I would check to make sure that the fan and all of its blades are all fully
intact, and not cracked or missing. I would also check your fan belts to make
sure there are no chunks missing and are in good working order. You could run
 the engine, for a short period of time ( a minute or so ) with the fan belt
removed. If the vibration is still there, then you have eliminated the fan,
water pump and alternator, i.e.anything driven by the belt as the source of
vibration.

Steve