Re: [Mgs] vibration

To: richard.ewald@gmail.com, paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk
Subject: Re: [Mgs] vibration
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 18:00:46 EDT
In a message dated 10/8/2007 12:44:51 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
richard.ewald@gmail.com writes:

Check  the motor mounts and trans mounts, both can fail without warning and
give a  vibration both while standing and  accelerating.

Also, did you hit any bumps or pot holes?  The exhaust  pipe/muffler/tail
pipe can rattle against the body causing this.  Also,  check the
generator/alternator.  Mine was loose and sometimes rubbed the  bonnet giving
similar syptoms.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston
63 TR4
74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

b&Reminds me of my safari in Africa, somebody forgot the corkscrew  and for
several days we had to live on nothing but food and water. W. C  Fields