Re: [Mgs] Was Attn californians, now "black plate cars"

To: cyberemp@comcast.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Was Attn californians, now "black plate cars"
From: "Richard Ewald" <richard.ewald@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 17:18:54 -0700
Prior to 1963 California plates were yellow with black letters.  In 1963 the
California DMV exchanged all of those plates for the black with yellow
letter ones.*  So if pre 1963 car was licensed in California in 1963, it got
plates stamped 1963.

*This caused lines like you cannot believe at the DMV.  The DMV learned
their lesson, and never did a wholesale plate exchange again.

Rick