Re: [Mgs] "black plate cars"

To: "Stephen West-fisher" <steve@coastaldatasystems.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] "black plate cars"
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2007 09:18:21 -0000
You can find any number of adverts and claims via Google, which are
meaningless in themselves, but how about this successful prosecution:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/transport/Story/0,,2159745,00.html

I think you will find it is the reflected signal *plus* the additional
transponder signal that confuses the speed gun, it can't separate the two.
It needs to receive its own signal as well as be able to filter out all
background clutter to show an accurate reading, otherwise it would be
capable of displaying speeds for stationary vehicles (which I'm sure the
Police would love).

PaulH.