Re: [Mgs] Trademark infringement?

To: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Trademark infringement?
From: "Simon Matthews" <simon.d.matthews@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:01:18 -0700
Paul,

Trademarks are not like Patents or Copyrights.

Under US laws, unless you are actively using a trademark, you lose it.
However, I think your point that the MGCC probably has the best claim
to it as a trademark is probably correct.

The US recognizes a concept or registered trademarks and unregistered
trademarks. No one has a current registration of "safety fast". Also,
Trademarks are only valid to your particular business area. For
example, I could start a computer consulting company and use the term
"safety fast" on the basis that it has nothing to do with cars, so I
would be safe

IANAL and other disclaimers!

Regards,
Simon