[Mgs] steering damper

To: "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] steering damper
From: "Monte/Jane Morris" <montejane@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 09:38:44 -0600
Hi all.
After 7 months traveling in our RV,  we're back home in Missouri. The MG is
just dying to get back on the road, but I have one issue that needs resolved
(besides a dead battery).
The rack oil has leaked out and I can't tell  if it's leaking at the bottom
damper cover or from the steering boot right next to the damper. I'll wipe
it all off and put more oil in and drive it then find the culprit. If it is
the bottom damper cover gasket that is leaking, can anyone tell me the
approximate thickness that it's suppposed to be so I can make one?
By the way, we sold our 67B in February. We decided that two B's sitting in
the garage most of the year was pretty stupid, and call me crazy, but I like
driving a rubber bumper more than a chrome one. I guess I like to drive the
whole car, not just the bumper.
Monte