Re: [Mgs] Old Gas

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Old Gas
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 12:08:52 EST
In a message dated 11/13/2007 9:03:27 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bmcspares@aol.com writes:

I would  remove the old gas from the car, put in fresh fuel and start off
with best for  your overhaul.? If you have a "newer" car with fuel injection I
would run that  old gas through that vehicle.? We discovered that the new fuels
we have  here?in Arizona and California is oxygenated and only has a shelf
life of 45  days before it starts to break down.? The "newer" car with its fuel
injection  seems to have less effect on running old fuel vs cars with carbs on
them.?
____________________________________

I was going through just that dilemma in regard to my old Italian car,  which
has seen less than 1 tank of activity this year. I pondered putting
stabiliser in, but I think that simply draining the tank and putting the almost
 year
old gas into one of my vehicles with injection (the wife's minivan comes to
mind) should do the trick. I can live with the fact that the old car's tank
will  be empty and subject to condensation  more easily than I can countenance
the thought of rebuilding a flotilla of Webers.

And as for MGs, why the heck are some of the new gas tanks made for them
without drain plugs???

Bill