Re: [Mgs] Weber downdraft again

To: Ed Woods <fogbro1@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Weber downdraft again
From: Charles & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:01:18 -0600
  When I bought my '70 MGB many years ago I didn't have the Internet
resources (read: this list, et al) we enjoy now.  Because I didn't
realize that the problems with the SUs were because of the worn throttle
shafts, I bought a new Weber DGV carb and kit.  The car ran like a watch
after I installed it, although it had a bit less power.  That B was my
daily driver for over 5 yrs, until I sold it with the Weber still on it.
  Funny thing is I bought the electric choke version for ease of
installation.  It always worked fine.

   My present '69 B has the stock SUs, mainly because I knew more when
it came to refurbing them.  Guess I lived and learned.  ;^)

   Cheers,

    CR