[Mgs] SOS '07 reflections....

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] SOS '07 reflections....
From: Peter C <peter@nosimport.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2007 10:26:15 -0600
Scraping the mixture of grease and raccoon "poo" from beneath my
nails affords me a moment to reflect Friday's and Saturday's activities.
   Several Spridgets were reduced to their essential elements, the
fabric of their being having long ago succumbed to the effects of
oxidation. Yes, SOS means Save Our Sprites, but many others will be
better for the supply of parts from these donors. Trust me, there was
nothing else that could be done.
        The camaraderie was very enjoyable. Nary a political word was
spoken. Got to see some familiar faces, and meet some new. The food
was wonderful. Thanks to the donors!
        The project white Midget needs some more detailing... brake
hydraulics, and wheel bearings being primary. Attempts at removing
the recalcitrant left front wheel severely impacted both wheel and
hub bearings. It should be a good running car that will soon need
some body work.
        Larry's Ute tune-up took only slightly less time than it's journey
from New Zealand, but apparently it is now able to push the
relativity limit of speed. (It is now relatively faster than a turtle)

        Thanks to our hosts Nancy and Flounder. Great fun. (They're busy
thawing the pipes and closing up their other house at the moment)

        I made it home without incident. The Deere are afraid of the Mini,
apparently.

Have a great Sunday and work week.

Peter C.