Re: [Mgs] Color definition for "tan"

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, <John.Hed@faa.gov>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Color definition for "tan"
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 16:15:44 -0000
There are some different colours there as well as possibly different names
for the same colour.

'Ochre' is an official trim colour, yellow with a touch of brown.
Ditto 'Beige' which would be a very pale creamy brown.
Ditto 'Autumn Leaf' which is a definite brown.
There was also 'Chestnut' which is an even darker brown.
Tan, Champagne and Light Brown are other peoples interpretation, and hence
open to interpretation.  To me tan is darker than Beige but lighter than
Autumn Leaf, light brown probably much the same.  Champagne is very light,
lighter than Beige to me.

>From Clausager for a 1980 the official trim names were Black or Beige for
the seats and trim panels, and Black or 'Black and Chestnut' for the
carpets.  But it varied according to body colour and market, and Ochre and
Autumn Leaf wouldn't apply.  For a North American Pageant Blue, Russet
Brown, Brooklands Green and Carmine (red) it would be Beige seats and trim
panels with Black and Chestnut carpets.  For Vermillion (red), Inca Yellow,
Snapdragon or White (various flavours) it would be Black and Black
respectively.  Now I suppose you are going to want to know whether you have
a Carmine or Vermillion :o)  If it really is a 1980 with the full VIN (i.e.
with a prefix of GVVDJ2AG) then it is easy as the body colour is given on
the VIN plate - CAA for Carmine and CML for Vermillion.

PaulH.