Re: [Mgs] e-bay scam

To: mg info list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] e-bay scam
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Dec 2007 12:01:04 +1030
On 24/12/2007, at 11:40 AM, Tuck Southworth wrote:

> Recent Scam Attempt

Thanks for the warning.

You should always heed those little alarm bells that go off in your
head (no matter how faint) when dealing with these types of
purchases.  And, of course, if it seems to good to be true.... etc.

I have found spoof@ebay.com and spoof@paypal.com actively monitored
to look over any suspicious e-mail you send them that purports to be
from either of those companies (especially as they are the same
company these days).

By the way, I just received a Christmas Card e-mail from e-bay...
should I regard it as suspicious or would I get a lump of coal in
response if I forwarded it to the "spoof" address?

:-)

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia