Re: [Mgs] MGRV8

To: MG list <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGRV8
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2007 03:28:34 +1030
On 27/12/2007, at 2:25 AM, Paul Root wrote:

> I wouldn't think it would be too much of a problem.
>
> The engine is already ok for the US, used in the Rovers. And you can
> grey market
> import it for yourself.
>
> I know of a '94 Austin Mini that came from Germany, it was re-
> registered as a '74
> there, and imported without a fuss.
>
> Oh, ebay id: 320199558005
>
> And it's not that Woodcott Green. Very nice.

I've never seen one in Blue before, looks cool.

I don't know what the reserve is but looking at the prices these
beasts sell for in Australia if it is much less than $30,000 then it
is a good deal.

Here is a quote on pricing here:

"Japanese cars are the only ones we are able to comply under RAWS
(Registered Automotive Workshop Scheme) and with British importers in
the market as well it's getting a bit difficult to find low-kilometre
cars at reasonable prices," Radcliff said. "Red cars are the most
popular and expensive but it's certainly still possible to import and
comply a very good RV8 for less than $45,000."

"Cars that have been in this country for close to ten years and
showing 50,000-80,000km can be acquired for less than $35,000, with
untidy examples needing trim repairs and mechanical work in the
$25,000-30,000 bracket."

Eric
'68 MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia