Re: [Mgs] MGB alloy cyl heads

To: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] MGB alloy cyl heads
From: Howard gentry <zymmer4@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 10:36:44 -0800 (PST)
greeting,
     I installed the alloy head on my 1976 B roadster
just prior to a planned 30000 mile trip around the USA
in 1998. I installed the head, a weberDGV carb and as
ansi exhaust, along with a 1974 overdrive tranny. My
trip started in Ft.Collins, Co in early May. I drove
the B all over the country, crusing in the 75 to 80
MPH range. I endured temps of over 110 degrees, and
maintained an engine temp of 185 degrees. I feel that
if I had my iron head on this car, it would have
suffered a bit more.
     The DGV carb behaved as well as I could have
hoped for. Fuel milage for the trip averaged 26 MPG on
mid grade fuel(89 octane). I still have the iron head,
on the shelf, in the shop. I am saying that the alloy
head actually ran better than the iron head..just my
$.02 worth.
Howard Gentry.