[Mgs] Weekend fun

To: MGS <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Weekend fun
From: Rick Lindsay <rolindsay@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 08:24:52 -0800 (PST)
Woohoooo!  Almost weekend here in the Western
hemisphere!

Last evening my gasket head-set arrived for the MGB so
I am ready to get after the valves.  Weather in
Houston promises to be in the 70s, mid-day, so the
garage will be just toasty.

My quest will be to discover how and where the #2
cylinder's valve(s) are leaking.  The pressure is down
to about 105psi from the 135 average value on the
other cylinders.  (The other three cylinders are
within 1psi of the same pressure!)  Given that the
pressure drop on #2 is not huge - bad yes but not
terrible - I'm hoping that I'll be able to just lap
the existing valves onto their seats and solve the
problem.  So the message is that I'm going to try to
spend some 'quality time' in the garage this weekend.
I plan to photograph everything, before and after, as
is usual for me.  If interested, look for an update
perhaps tonight and throughout the weekend.

regards,
Rick
'70 MGB
other stuff