Re: [Mgs] Judson Supercharger

To: ptrmgb@gmail.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Judson Supercharger
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2008 18:13:45 EST
Yes, it will bolt onto an MGB - with suitable parts - it has been a long
time since I did exactly this on a 3 main MGB engine and for instance, I think
you might need to use the MGA front crank pulley, thinner than the MGB, plus
you  need a drip feed oiler he is missing (part of the valve cover) and the
various  brackets and pulley spacers.

I doubt they eat up any more power than the Moss does.

The results are modest as is the boost level (5.5 psi).  They give you
pretty much what you'd get with a somewhat (conventionally) tuned engine.   It
frankly isn't worth the fuss except as a rather neat period accessory for
people
to ooh and ahh at in shows.

See _http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/power/pp1.htm_
(http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/power/pp1.htm)

Bill
(been there, done that, ho hum)

In a message dated 1/9/2008 2:50:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,