[Mgs] speedometer cable

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] speedometer cable
From: "1971-red-mgb" <1971mgb@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2008 15:35:06 -0500
I just replaced the speedometer cable on the "B" what a pain in the you know
what it was to attach the cable at the transmission, I have a LH (Blue label)
overdrive and of course the attachment for the cable is nearly impossible to
get at, the transmission had a 90 degree angle drive when I started working,
by the time I finished I wound up taking the 90 degree drive off and running
the cable directly into the transmission, my question is , will I be looking
for problems (short life span ) on my new cable because I took the 90 degree
drive off?, I thought I read recently that on overdrive transmissions no 90
degree drive is required.
Thanks in advance for your input.