[Mgs] MGB Question

To: MG-MGB@yahoogroups.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgs] MGB Question
From: RampantNM@aol.com
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:18:13 EST
Last weekend as I piddled with the B, I was under the dash, sort of, trying
to get the headlight switch back together so the light from it did not show
through the brake test gizmo, and I found a 6-8 inch steel rod, with a white
plastic handle hanging down out of the darkness.

What is this?  I thought maybe the cowl vent? but I could not move it  in any
direction.  I do have part of the dealer installed air conditoner in  the way.

Also, that brake test gizmo...how important is that.  I've had them on
Midgets and such before, but never truly understood their funtion and  use.
I'm
thinking I could add a clock or something in that  space.

Regards,

Robert B. Houston

74.5 MGBGT
73 MG  Midget

As he stared at her ample bosom, he daydreamed of the dual  Skinners Union
carburetors in his vintage MG, highly functional yet  pleasingly formed,
perched prominently on top of the intake manifold, aching for  experienced
hands,
the small knurled caps of the oil dampeners begging to be  inspected and
adjusted as
described in chapter seven of the Haynes shop  manual.

48)