Re: [Mgs] Starter freezing up on cold days

To: Bob Donahue <bobmgtd@insightbb.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Starter freezing up on cold days
From: <melfrankus@carolina.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2008 14:18:35 -0500
Congrats for using your B the way they were meant to be.  I drive mine (71BGT)
year round also.

Several yers ago, 30 years oor so after the warranty expired,  mine did the
same thing.  The starter armature and the brushes were just plain wearing out.
 Sometimes I would switch the key from on to start several times as the thing
stoppecd on a "flat spot"

I replaced the starter since I do not know how to rebuild one and don't care to
learn.  Yes, I know I look in my manual, order some parts and get the starter
place to rewind the armature.   NAPA, I think,  ordered me one for around a
100$.  Been fine last few years............Mel
-