Re: [Mgs] Spray paint DOH!

To: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>, Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Spray paint DOH!
From: Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 10:56:41 -0800 (PST)
What I meant to say was that the other brands of rattle can have not worked
well for me. I figured I had to clarify.
  carl

Carl French <leylandauto@yahoo.com> wrote:
  I know it works very well with Moss and Eastwood paints. I have had mixed to
poor results with all other brands tried.
Carl

Bob Howard wrote:
Carl,
I'll try Krylon again next time I need to spray with a rattle can. Perhaps the
formula has changed, as I have avoided the stuff for years. Thanks for letting
me know that it has worked well for you.
Rustoleum is not without its problems. While I have had good experiences with
the paint, experiences with the rattle can itself have been frustrating.
Example: 3 of 4 cans of red used on last project did not empty before the valve
clogged. 2 of 2 cans of satin black clogged. I was able to clean the old-style
valve but these that are set deep into can top just don't clear for me. The
black cans had been on my shelf for a year or so, but the red cans were fresh
from the store.
SEMA News that arrived today has an article about the EPA rule and paint shops.
Amateurs may continue to strip and surface coat their cars, up to max of two
per year, and may continue to paint their cars with an airbrush or hand-held,
non-refillable aerosol cans. (SEMA Driving Force, Feb 2008, www.sema.com)
Bob