Re: [Mgs] OT Australia Eight hours day

To: MGs List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] OT Australia Eight hours day
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 11:30:34 +1030
On 11/03/2008, at 3:34 AM, Paul Root wrote:

> Hey Eric,
>       What's Eight Hours day?

A HOLIDAY!

:-)

Most places call it Labour Day.  I think only Tasmania calls it "8
Hour Day" - as it was the celebration of achieving a 40 hour working
week.

Of course with all of our new technology and labour saving devices we
all work 60+ hour weeks so it seems a bit strange but I guess the
usual working week is recognised as 35 hours .... there must be
SOMEONE working just 35 hours a week out there?

Eric

PS  I fly out to Victoria for the Melbourne F1 GP in half an hour
(and it looks like being a HOT one).