[Mgs] Subject: Help for John Fitch

To: "750 101 Digest" <alfaromeo750-101@yahoogroups.com>, "MG Digest"
Subject: [Mgs] Subject: Help for John Fitch
From: "Norm 2Bs" <twobees@sprynet.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 13:30:32 -0400
I read this and shuddered at the preposterous situation.  It is beyond
belief that Connecticut would treat its taxpaying citizens with such callous
disdain.  Granted that there is a need for John to remediate the damage done
by his oil leak.  But, to take the attitude the State has of not allowing
private citizens the right to take advantage of a program now reserved for
businesses only because, "...there were a lot of fancy (sic) addresses on
that list (of people applying for the state assistance program)" is sheer
bureaucratic bull.  Or, is it that private citizens don't have a lobby
working on their behalf?  And, to proceed with no regard for what is
reasonable is preposterous.

I urge you to pass this information and the links below to anyone you know
who might take the time to call or write to Jodie Rell, the Connecticut
newspapers, or any politicians they know in Connecticut to urge them to
bring some semblance of fairness, reality and justice to this out-of-hand
situation.  Do this not just for John, but also for all of the other
citizens who are trying to do the right thing by cleaning up old oil tanks.

 <http://www.cwnicholls.net/fitch/fitch.html>
http://www.cwnicholls.net/fitch/fitch.html

http://www.docrebuild.com/curr-evnt/currentevents-116.html

This whole fiasco reminds me of the case I heard about in New Jersey a
number of years ago when a family had a garage sale and let a power lawn
mower sit on the sidewalk all day.  It leaked some oil.  A city or county
bureaucrat saw it & the family was forced to excavate the sidewalk and
surrounding dirt at some exorbitant cost.  You can be sure that trucks owned
by that city or county leaked many times more oil in many more places with
no similar consequence.

Also makes me glad I removed the underground oil tank from my house in
Connecticut before it began leaking, and before the oil-Gestapo got
involved.

Some helpful links:
http://www.ct.gov/ctportal/cwp/view.asp?a=843
<http://www.ct.gov/ctportal/cwp/view.asp?a=843&q=246450> &q=246450
http://www.50states.com/news/conn.htm
    Papers to focus on:  Hartford Courant; Danbury News-Times; Bridgeport
Post; Stamford Advocate

Norm Sippel
Now in Florida where we have our own version of political corruption and
malfeasance