[Mgs] What a month...

To: MG LIST <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] What a month...
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 00:53:54 +1030
Sometimes you feel like you need a weekend away from a racetrack...
but it is going to be a busy year for me from this point forward.

It started working trackside at the Clipsal500 V8 Supercar races - 4
days in some serious heat (and unfortunately with a young driver
dying in a crash at my corner).  The next weekend (luckily to take my
mind off the sad event) I had to pick up my 'B with its rebuilt
engine, new tube-shock rear end and other bits, and race on the Sunday.

Then I flew interstate to work on the Melbourne F1 Grand Prix
(another four days in 100F+ heat).  The F1 drivers' parade was, once
again, in MGs - woohoo.

Witness the unlucky Mark Webber:  http://farm3.static.flickr.com/
2399/2343392852_d7af58a2d8.jpg

This was our "workplace" for four days: http://
farm3.static.flickr.com/2364/2343362286_d02e23011b.jpg

Back home, the next weekend was spent as a Steward for two days at
our Easter Historics races at our local track.  Always a fantastic
array of cars including watching a close contest between two great
mates in two great cars, a TC and a K3 battling it out lap after lap.

Would you like to drive this around a racetrack? http://
farm4.static.flickr.com/3139/2357312375_94a9344f10.jpg

And now - my little car needs two days with my dyno guy to work out
why she isn't living up to her potential after the most recent engine
work.

It never ends (next event... April 6th - the 2008 Hillclimb series
first event)!   Is that ONLY two weeks away?

Don't you love owning a sports car?

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia