Re: [Mgs] voltage stabilzer

To: "Allen Hess" <allenhess@mgcarclub.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] voltage stabilzer
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:20:32 +0100
*Never* ground the output of any stabiliser, it is the case which needs to
be grounded, which I'm sure is what the poster intended to say.  With the
original style of voltage stabiliser this description is not correct.  It is
a thermal electro-mechanical device which switches system voltage on and off
about once per second, *averaging* about 10v.  When power is first connected
it takes a few seconds to 'warm up', during which time it is outputting
system voltage, until it starts pulsing off-on-off-on.  Incidentally this
'warm up' period results in a faster gauge rise time than the electronic
replacements which output the lower voltage from switch-on.

PaulH.