Re: [Mgs] Gas anti siphon spring headache.

To: <cyberemp@comcast.net>, "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Gas anti siphon spring headache.
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 08:09:53 +0100
Are you sure about that?  If so they are very different to the ones used in
the UK.  We don't have the plastic seal to recover the vapours as fuel is
pumped in, but we still have an auto shut-off (and they still shut-off when
they shouldn't).  There is a very small pipe inside the main pipe and when
that gets splashed with fuel it trips the shut-off mechanism inside the
handle.

http://howthingswork.virginia.edu/page1.php?QNum=1187

PaulH.