[Mgs] MGB Bollywood Star

To: MG list <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] MGB Bollywood Star
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sat, 10 May 2008 00:32:31 +0930
Seeing as I am up this late posting...

First a little history:

Someone may remember a year of so ago when I posted about a strange
incident where a Bollywood movie was being shot in my city (Adelaide)
and they accidentally wrecked a silver MGB (that is, they wrecked a
lovingly restored MGB accidentally as well as an old MGB "stunt car"
they roughly painted silver that was meant to be damaged in the name
of art).

I don't think the scandal over that has been sorted out yet and the
"body" of the wrecked stunt MGB is still in my mate's yard.

Well, that movie is just about to make it to the big screen and it
looks like they have thrown a fair bit of money into the space-aged
production and effects using the same people that did the effects for
movies like Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Van Helsing etc
etc etc.  Sort of unusual for a Bollywood movie.

So, soon you will be able to go to a movie and see that wonderful MGB
in its co-starring role and know some of the back story behind it.

And (ta dah) here it is ( I am sure you get to see a lot more of it
in the actual movie).

Check out the three seconds of this trailer between 1:23 and 1:26
(pause it if you wish).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBj1q-g6cts

Eric
'68 MGB MkII