Re: [Mgs] Help, I can't get my trunk/boot open

To: "Bob Donahue" <bobmgtd@comcast.net>, "mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Help, I can't get my trunk/boot open
From: "Councill, David" <dcouncill@msubillings.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 15:10:35 -0600
After this happened to me more than once (usually when it was warm or
hot outside, always worked fine in cool weather), I was able to rotate
the lock handle anti-clockwise maybe 1/4 turn. It may take a rap with a
hammer but it does technically unscrew. Then drill a small hole with
1/8" drill bit right below the lock, at what might be called the six
o'clock position. I think it needs to be maybe 1/4-1/3" below the lock
assembly. The idea is that you can then push a nail or even the drill
bit against the lock latch to push it open. Maybe someone else has done
this? I suppose it works better after the boot is open so you can see
exactly how it works. Once you have it drilled as such, next time it
won't open, you can rotate the assembly to expose the hole and use a pin
to push the latch open. When the lock assembly is back in place, the
hole is concealed. Hope this makes enough sense...

David Councill
67 BGT
72 B