Re: [Mgs] (no subject)

To: "Martin C. Galan" <batangelias@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] (no subject)
From: Robert Alan Reisse <rareisse@postoffice.worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 09:27:53 -0400
Hi,

Along with the other problems mentioned,  The hole for the shifter is
in a different place.  To do the conversion,  you need to find a MGC
gear box as the bell housing is unique to the MGC's even though the
transmissions are the same.  Also, I am not sure it the cranks or the
flywheel are the same.

Let's us know if there is anything else that you might need to
know.  I have two friends with MGC's, all are automatics.  I think
about half of the ones that are left are automatics,  at least that
is my impression from going to various shows.  You might want to
consider going to MG2008.  The MGC convention is being held at the
same time so you could meet up with quite a few examples.

Bob Reisse
1969 MGC