Re: [Mgs] Replacing Catalytic Converter

To: d_dibiase@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Replacing Catalytic Converter
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2008 14:39:59 -0400
Dan,
  There is a fellow in our club who knew his '79 would pass the sniffer
test but would not pass the visual inspection without a cat in the
system.
  He slipped a tomato juice can over a section of pipe, fitted flanges,
bolted his device into the system before the annual emission test, and
removed it for safekeeping and loan to friends.  The car has a header, so
this device is fitted into the system under the driver seat, in a
straight run of tailpipe.  The car is now exempt from testing because of
its age.
Bob

On Wed, 4 Jun 2008 11:07:49 -0700 (PDT) Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
writes:
> Anyone replace their cat con with a piece of pipe on their '75 and
> newer B? I want to dump mine - don't need it here with historic
> registration - and
> am wondering what others have done. I guess I could simply hollow it
> out but I'm not sure if there is anything hazardous inside that I
> need be careful
> with..... I recall seeing 'test pipes' on eBay from time to time. I
> guess I could also go to a local muffler shop with the cat and they
> could make up
> something...
>
>  Dan D
> Central NJ USA
> '76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
> '65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
> NAMGBR #5-2328
Get educated.  Click here for Adult Education programs.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/Ioyw6i3nNbXvjt2YdAKGJS0SEvkM3aQnPFDxWboeL08O9QnSLK92WB/