[Mgs] Power Fade and Recover

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Power Fade and Recover
From: "Robert J. Guinness" <guinness@stclegal.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:12:37 -0500
After replacing my cylinder head, rebuilding the carbs, adjusting the
valves, re-timing the engine, balancing the carbs, and adjusting the
idle, I get a power "fade" after about 15 minutes of driving.  The car
runs rough (no backfire though  --  just a loose "fluffing" like sound
as if its missing a few beats with no power for a few minutes.  Then,
all of a sudden, it will roar back to a tight, finely tuned powerhouse.
I assume it is a fuel delivery problem.  Where do I start the
diagnostics?  The car is a 1960 MGA with a 1963 MGB 1800 engine and the
original MGA carbs.

Also, where can I search this list's archive.  The link to
www.listquest.com says the domain name is for sale.

Thanks in advance.
--
Robert Guinness