[Mgs] Truisms

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] Truisms
From: "Stuart MacMillan" <macgroup@comcast.net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:38:42 -0700
I just had to pass this along from another car list I'm on:

"Many years ago I learned to accurately estimate the duration of a project
in

the real world: you simply come up with a measure of how long it should

reasonably take, double that and go to the next unit of time.

Example: Replacing a hose should take three minutes. 3 x 2 = 6 hours.

Rebuilding an engine should take two days. Therefore, it will take four

weeks.

It's unbelievably accurate."

---Jim Felder, from the Vanagon.com mail list.

Yes, it is, but it is still optimistic.  I'm starting to think I may have to
go up to astronomical time units!

Stuart-STILL waiting to hear about my gas tank.

'65 MGB plus three others that don't run