[Mgs] LH Engine Mount

To: mg-mgb@yahoogroups.com, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Mgs] LH Engine Mount
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 2008 17:15:39 -0700 (PDT)
Ok, I am still working on the driver's side engine mount (LHD). I have come to
the conclusion that I need to remove the steering shaft
to get at it. I had purchased a bicycle wrench and could get it on the nut, but
I feel like it may be starting to round off a bit. So, out comes
the shaft, I guess.....

Am I correct in thinking that I need can remove just the shaft, and not the
entire rack?? It seems like if I unbolt it at the u-joint (which I have
done and am soaking with penetrant) and then remove the cap and nut at the
lower end, the shaft should just slide through the rack, right?

 Dan D
Central NJ USA
'76 MGB Tourer - Driver - Engine Surgery In Progress...
'65 MGB Tourer Project - Yep, Still Is....
NAMGBR #5-2328
http://dans65b.blogspot.com/
http://dansautoblog.blogspot.com/