Re: [Mgs] A Bad Day with the MGB engine

To: Mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Mgs] A Bad Day with the MGB engine
From: don <don@napanet.net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 18:27:44 -0800
Years ago, I used the wrong oil pump gasket on a MGB engine rebuild- no oil
pressure.  The gasket sets have  have several applications and so some
gaskets that are intended for other variations of the engine are also in
the sets.  You might be able to tell if you used the wrong gasket for the
oil pump by process of elimination if you examine the gaskets you didn't
use, assuming you kept them.
Don Scott.

   At 06:19 PM 07/07/2008, you wrote:

>Gentlemen and Ladies,
>
>Well, almost two years to the day after pulling the 18V engine for rebuilding,
>I cranked it on the starter today, plugs removed, to prime the oil system.
>After approximately 2 minutes of operation, still no oil at the flex line to
>the pressure gauge or at the oil filter base.
>
>Yes, it has sufficient oil.
>
>I recall a list discussion of different oil pump gaskets. Is that where I need
>to look at this point or are there other possiblilities not involving dropping
>the pan?
>
>TIA,
>
>Ed Woods
10:15 AM