Re: [Mgs] Leaking Rear Axle Seals

To: "Bill Snyder" <wtsnyder@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: [Mgs] Leaking Rear Axle Seals
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 14:38:53 +0100
Sorry I meant if the original sleeve is worn you should replace that rather
than adding a speedi-sleeve, but you would need to replace the oil seal as
well.  The sleeve is item 91 on
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29022#91 part
number 266-030, collar oil seal.  The lip of the seal i.e. the grooved side
always faces inwards i.e. towards the clean side i.e. the oil or grease and
the flat face faces outwards.  Haynes and the Workshop Manual both mention
this.

FWIW neither mention the orientation for the front hub oil seals, but it is
the same.

PaulH.